Monday, September 17, 2012

Ulta Sale Haul - Brushes and Mascara

We were in the area of my local Ulta yesterday, so I dropped in really quickly to pick up another realTechniques stippling brush and a new Rimmel Mascara.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that both items were on sale, buy one get one half off.  So, I ended up with a few extra items that I would have bought soon anyway, and I got them cheaper! Yay!

realTechniques Stippling Brush
The website says:
This dual-fiber brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high-definition results with all types of makeup:
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • self-standing for easy storage
  • extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use
I say, this is my second stippling brush from realTechniques.  My first one is just fine, but since I use it both for my BB creams/foundation/tinted moisturizer and my cream or gel blushes, I wanted one for each.  These brushes are great.  I have a foundation brush, but it is more like a flat paintbrush, and I honestly never got the hang of using it for a light to medium foundation coverage.  This stippling brush makes it so easy to put on foundation and make it look perfect... it's kind of amazing, really.  I used to be a die-hard fingers or damp facial wedge girl, but now I'm quickly converting to the stipple brush.  I've only been using mine for a couple of weeks, but there has been no shedding yet.  The lady at Ulta said she's had hers for a year, and has experienced no shedding from her brush.

realTechniques Powder Brush
The website says:
Evenly apply powders and mineral foundations for smooth, high-definition results:
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • self-standing for easy storage
  • extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use
I say, I haven't tried it yet.  Out of the box, it is lightweight, but not too lightweight as to feel cheap.  The bristles are very, very soft.  I have an old Bare Minerals brush that I've used for years now, and it's probably time to retire it.  So, this brush is meant to replace it.

UPDATE! - I tried out this brush, and it is amazing.  It is super-soft, and it picks up powder very well.  It distributes easily, and lays down the powder without disturbing my other products.  I totally recommend this brush!

Rimmel Extra Wow Lash
The website says:
Extra WOW Lash mascara, the new volume and lash building mascara with a 50% larger brush for WOW volume.The supersized brush makes it easy to build soft to dramatic look with visible progressive volume up to 12X.Lash building formula for highly defined lashes. No clumping.

Review to come later!  UPDATE - Here is the review!

Rimmel The MAX Volume Flash
The website says:
Take your lashes to the new MAX! Exclusive Quick setting ‘Lash Expand’ formula with Collagen to fatten and Keratin to strengthen. Lashes are pumped to full volume. Skinny to fat in 10 SECONDS FLAT. Our BIGGEST BRUSH EVER with unique ‘Perfect Fit’ technology for perfect loading of each lash. No clumps. 14 x lash volume with no clumps. 10 seconds flat!

Review to come later!

Rimmel Glam'Eyes
The website says:
Glam’eyes delivers ultimate lash seduction thanks to its unique Volumflex brush. Coloured powder-pink for sexy boudoir glamour, its supple bristles are ultra-fine for sleekly groomed lash definition. Glam'eyes mascara wraps each lash with the creamy lash-building formula for lashes that appear styled with up to 10 x more volume and an 80% longer look.

Review to come later!  UPDATE - Here is the review!

So, there's my Ulta haul.  I didn't shop very much, because my family was waiting on me and I just went in to get one tube of mascara and the stippling brush, so my branching out only extended to those similar items that were on sale.

Did anyone else go shopping this weekend?  What did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment