Monday, November 5, 2012

Review! - ElishaCoy Premium Gold Mineral BB Cream SPF45 PA+++ Whitening Anti-Wrinkle

First off, I'm pretty sure that's not the real full name of the cream.  But, Asian titles and American titles are a bit different in the way they are presented, so it's hard for me to tell what some of these product's true names are.

In any event, the package says :
"Premium Gold Mineral BB
-Nutrition-rich caviar, royal jelly extract and mineral-rick deep sea water make your skin glossy.
-Gold ingredients, Camellia Japonica Flower extract and Trehalose care for skin trouble, and make your skin moist.
-Marine collagen and amino acid complex make your skin elastic by caring for the wrinkles, and approved whitening ingredients make your skin splendid."
[ How to use ]
After using basic cosmetics, take an appropriate amount of the cream and apply it spreading evenly up the skin texture, and then absorb it be padding gently."

Obviously, something is getting lost in translation, there, but I think you get the idea.

Of the BB creams I have tried so far, this one is tied for first place (with Lioele Beyond the Solution).  It is amazing how it transforms my skin in one day.  I remember Lioele taking a few days to see results, but this one is much faster.  After wearing it for several days, my skin starts to look perfect when bare.  It has diminished my dark spots and freckles, and has lightened my skin considerably.  I did notice, after going makeup-free for two days, that the spots and freckles started to return.

Day 1:
Day 2:
Day 8:

The finish is satin, and my nose (my eternal oily spot) breaks through the cream pretty quickly (as it does most foundations).  I put a bit of translucent powder on my nose, and that helps delay the break-through, and after that I blot with a tissue and re-powder if I feel like it.  Since nothing other than a heavy-duty matte can keep my nose dry (and even then, I usually have some break-through), I've gotten used to it, and it doesn't really bother me.

I did a day-by-day evaluation, but my opinion remained consistent throughout the nearly two weeks I've been trying this.  Therefore, I didn't want to just keep saying the same thing over and over, so I am just going to sum up.

Here is how much I use per application:
That is enough for my entire face, plus concealing the under-eye area with at least one more layer.  One package of the sample size lasted the entire trial period (7 applications).  Most sample packets only have enough for 4 applications.

I applied it by dotting in over my face, and then patting it with my fingers to blend it.  Then I used my stipple brush to buff it in a bit more.  I also used it as a concealer under my eyes.  It worked very well, as it was easy to pat on layers until I had the coverage I wanted.

Coverage lasts all day.  It seems like the longer it is on the skin, the better it looks.  When I wash my face at night, I feel like my skin looks better than it did in the morning.  The cumulative effect of that is leading to a very beautiful complexion after my nightly cleansing and moisturizing routine.  My skin surface is much smoother, and there is some improvement in pore size.  The most notable difference in pores is that they are easier to clean out/purify, so the number of blackheads has decreased significantly, and the pores on my cheeks are much smaller.

Nose break-through is very even.  It doesn't do anything to mattify the skin, which I like, but it does mean that I have to touch up my nose throughout the day.  Because of the improvement in skin quality I've seen, I can deal with this minor inconvenience.

Final Verdict! - This cream is going into the finals rounds.  Once I have tried all the BB Creams I bought in my PrettyAndCute haul, I am going to re-test my favorites.  This one easily made it into the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment