Monday, December 10, 2012

Review! Clinique High Impact Mascara


Clinique's website says this about their High Impact Mascara:

Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lash for a look that's lusher, plusher, bolder. Pure, deep colour only adds to the impact. Wear it once and you'll feel naked without it. Ophthalmologist Tested.

After trying out several of the Rimmel mascaras, I decided to try out some higher-end brands.  When my lashes were super-short (before Latisse), mascara was usually an afterthought.  I hardly ever wore it, and when I did wear it, I didn't expect much out of it.  Now that my lashes are so long, I want them to be emphasized... A lot.

So, rather than buying a bunch of full-sized mascaras, I took advantage of Sephora's mascara package, Lash Stash.  For $45, I got 10 mascaras, a lash primer, a set of falsies and some lash glue.  I think that's a pretty good deal!

Anyway, the first thing out of the box was Clinique's High Impact Mascara in 01 Black. 

The Good:
- This goes on smoothly, without clumping.  It does tend to stick my lashes together, but brushing the wand through the lashes a few times separates them out nicely.
- It wears all day, and doesn't flake unless I rubbed my eyes.
- It's a nice daytime mascara.  It gets a good coat on each lash, and adds definition and color, like you would expect.
- I like that it isn't waterproof.  I want to be able to gently clean my lashes at night, and tugging at waterproof mascara is not my idea of a gentle cleaning.

The Bad:
- Nothing!

The Neutral:
- It's not very dramatic.  This isn't a mascara I would choose to wear for a daring, nighttime look.  Since I've been infatuated with my lashes after using Latisse, I want them to look daring and crazy-long and crazy-full all the time, so I would prefer a mascara that makes my lashes look very dramatic.  Like I said earlier, this mascara gives a nicely defined day time look, and I don't think this should count as a "bad thing".

The Verdict:
If you are looking for a good, not-to-subtle-but-not-too-dramatic mascara, I would recommend this one.

Pictures!
Before:
Clinique High Impact Mascara
Afters!
Clinique High Impact Mascara

Clinique High Impact Mascara

Clinique High Impact Mascara

Clinique High Impact Mascara

Clinique High Impact Mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment