Thursday, December 13, 2012

Review! Wet N Wild Megashield Lip Color in Birthday Suit


Wet n Wild has to this say about their Megashield Lip Colors:

Color, comfort, and care! Luxurious color delivers hours of sheer-to-moderate coverage that glides on buttery-soft for a smooth, moist-looking pout. Lips are pampered with Vitamin E, Amino Acids, Avocado Oil, and Rice Bran Oil that moisturize and condition for silky, soft comfort. And with SPF 15, lips are cared for and protected from harmful UVB rays.

I bought a few colors, and the first one I've tried out is Birthday Suit.


In a few words, I don't like it. 

Upon application, it felt powdery, like a soft grit, on my lip.  Once my lips had soaked in the moisture from the color, it turned into a super-frosty shade.  It is a lovely nude color with a nice sparkle to it when first applied, though, so I was very disappointed that it frosts so much.  

Additionally, Wet N Wild put this strange sticky wrap around the package.  When you take it off, it leaves a lot of residue.  The tape goes over the lid, so you can't just leave it on.  To add to the dislike, the color does not fully retract into the tube, so you have to be very careful to not nick the color when putting the lid back on.  When the color is new, a lot of the tube sticks up past the cylinder, so it really is a hassle.
When first applied, it brings a nice shimmer to my lips, and is a beautiful champagne shade.  However, within about 30 minutes my lips have soaked in the moisture from the Megashield, and it turns into an 80's frosted lip nightmare.  After a while of wearing it, my lips felt dry and gritty.  When I removed it, my lips were screaming for moisture.  It looked pretty when freshly applied, but I couldn't tolerate the feel on my lip.  I threw it away.

This line has several creme formulas, and one of the other colors I picked up is a creme.  I tried the creme, but it gathered in my lip lines and looked awful.  It was so bad that I didn't bother swatching it out.  I also have another shimmer, and gave that one a try to see if it has a better formula.  I didn't like it, either.  All three have been tossed out.  After my love affair with their Megalast line and their Silk Finish colors, I am very disappointed in these.

Half Lip:

Full Lip:

I'm so disappointed that this color changes from that beautiful color in the photo above, to a frosty, gritty, no-go after about 30 minutes.  I love the look at the color when it is first applied, but I'm not going to remove it and re-apply it every half hour.  I'm so disappointed!  Look how beautiful that color is!  I know I'm going on and on about it, but it really made me sad that this didn't work out for me.

How about you?  Have you tried them?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely color, sticks it has to be re-applied so often :/ bummer! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I tried to wear it several different days, and I had the same results each time. :-(

    ReplyDelete