Friday, February 15, 2013

Review! Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna



NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna is a medium-depth brown powder with very fine gold and copper glitters.  It buffs out to a satin finish, and hits a nice center point between a shimmery bronzer and a matte bronzer.

It builds somewhat slowly, which I think is a major plus for a bronzer.  It has good pigmentation, but I'm going to have a hard time overdoing it unless I get lazy and really swirl my brush around in there for a while.  I think it has more to do with how tightly compressed the powder is, than how much color is in the powder.

It glides on smoothly, evenly, and blends wonderfully.  It is not chalky, and it avoids turning orange.

In my prior post, I applied Benefit's Highbeam as a highlighter.  Let's see what Laguna does...

Before:

With Highbeam:

With Laguna:

Some different angles:


The first straight-on photo looks like I put too much on my nose.  Unfortunatley, that was a function of my camera being weird.  In the last two photos, you can see on the side views, where the powder blends into the surrounding skintones very cleanly.

Overall, I like this powder.  I don't know that I will re-purchase it, simple because I like to try new products a lot, but I definitely would not discourage anyone from trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment