Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Spring Nail Polish Picks - Orange, Silver, and Pearl!

Yes, I know, orange was the "it" color last spring.  I noticed, and I got into orange eyeshadows over it, but I felt that the nail polish colors coming out weren't very wearable for me.  I was browsing around, and came across several orange polishes that I just loved.  They are definitely orange, but in a very user-friendly way.

Also, just so you know, I rarely wear polish on my fingernails.  I type, wash dishes, and deal with children, and am generally hard on my hands.  Trying to polish my fingernails is an exercise in futility, aggravation, and lots of chipping polish.  So, I paint my toenails.  The biggest thing I love about painting my toenails is that I don't have to be perfect at it.  Any mistakes won't be up in people's line of sight, I don't have to clean up any bits that get on my skin (my next shower will wash those away), and I can try out funky colors.

Of all the colors I have painted my toes, orange is by far my favorite.  It's more interesting and rare than pink or red, it pleases my eye more than blue or green toes, and it's so darn cheerful!

To throw in some variety to this selection, I found a silver polish that looks like brushed silver, and a pretty pearl white.  The white is sheer enough in one coat that I might even consider painting my fingernails after all!

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Nail Color in Hard To Get 110 (on my big toe)

Wet n Wild Fastdry Nail Color in Silvivor 236C (then the next toe over)

Wet n Wild Fastdry Nail Color in 9.0.2.1.Orange 222C (on the middle toe)

 Wet n Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color in Break The Ice 202B (on the... ring finger (?) toe)

 Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme wear Nail Color in Crushed 290 (on the pinky toe)
And here are my toes!




No comments:

Post a Comment