Friday, April 12, 2013

Lip Swatch! - Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick - 917B - Cinnamon Spice

I swatched out 13 more Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks here.   Today is 917B - Cinnamon Spice!

This color turns berry-red on me.  It immediately made it to my small collection of "my lips but better", because it pulls one of my favorite lip undertones out.  When I applied this color without putting on balm first, the color was much deeper.  I prefer it over a balm, sheered out a little.  The blue tones even made my teeth look whiter!  I really love this shade.

First, bare lips.  I prepped them with a thin application of Lansinoh.

Now, a thin layer, applied from the tube, in a single swipe.  I left half of my lips bare for comparison.
Now for what I would call full strength.  I applied directly from the tube.  Keep in mind that this is a matte formula, but it does go on creamy.  If you put some lip balm on your lips before applying it, the formula will remain a satin finish.  If you apply the lipstick without any balm, the finish will look matte, but will feel satin on your lips.  This color does intensify with a second coat. 

Next is full lip.  I applied directly from the tube to the bare side, and I put on about 2 coats.  This lipstick is very opaque when applied directly from the tube.  

So any votes on liking a closed mouth photo vs a smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment