Monday, May 13, 2013

Review! Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic, PLUS Garnier BB Cream update

Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic is intended to be used as a bronzing highlighter.  On first take, I felt it was too dark for my skintone.  However, using a much lighter hand, it has become my go-to bronzer for this Spring.  I use it in the hollows of my cheeks, and at my temples.  I have tried using it as eyeshadow, but even over primer, it creases terribly on the lid.  It has too much shimmer to be used for contouring the nose.  

It picks up very easily on a blush brush, and glides on very smoothly.  It blends extremely easily, and seems to melt into my foundation and leaves a seamless finish.  

Also, because it is so shimmery, it photographed very light in the bottom photo.  In real life, that top color is a very deep coppery brown.  The size I have is a deluxe trial size (purchased with a Sephora cheek, highlighter and bronzer trial set), and is about half the size of the regular product.  It takes so little of this product that I can't imagine hitting pan for at least a year... if not longer.

At $40, I can see a bit of hesitancy at trying this, but I really love it.  So many bronzers look orange and fake on me.  I like that I can focus my brush on a particular color to alter the depth of shading.  I've tried a few drugstore bronzers, and I haven't found one that I like as much as this one.  So, I can easily see myself re-purchasing this once I run out.

-Side Review-
I have been using it over Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector. (You can see my review on that here.)  I ran out of my Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, and dug the Garnier up out of my makeup pit to use while I ponder which tinted moisturizer I want to use this summer.  I've been using a hefty dollop of it (unlike in the review), and I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty happy with how the Garnier is performing.  I wouldn't say it lives up to its name, but it is moisturizing, offers a light-to-medium coverage, and it is playing very well with my other cosmetics.  Surprise of all surprises, it is allowing powder blushes to look nice!  You regular readers know I really HATE wearing powder blushes, so you know that's one heck of a statement coming from me!





No comments:

Post a Comment