Monday, July 22, 2013

Lip Swatch! - Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick - 967 - Dollhouse Pink

I swatched out 13 more Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks here.   Today is 967 - Dollhouse Pink!

This is an ULTRA bright, light pink color.  It looks like, well... Pepto Bismol.  It is a bright-white pink with faint violet tones.  If you wear it full strength, prepare for it to be very, very bright.  Bluntly, I didn't think it looked good at all when I wore it full strength.  However, after letting it sit for about 20 minutes, and then blotting, it looked lovely.  So, I would recommend this color, but only if you blot it.


First, bare lips.  I prepped them with a thin application of Lansinoh.

Now, a thin layer, applied with a lip brush.  I left half of my lips bare for comparison.

Now for what I would call full strength (two layers).  I applied with a lip brush.  Keep in mind that this is a matte formula, but it does go on creamy.  If you put some lip balm on your lips before applying it, the formula will remain a satin finish.  If you apply the lipstick without any balm, the finish will look matte, but will feel satin on your lips.  This color does intensify with a second coat.
Here is a pic showing the same stage, but zoomed out a bit to give some perspective.

Next is full lip.  I applied with a lip brush, and I put on about 2 coats.  This lipstick is very opaque.

Finally, here it is after letting it sit for about 20 minutes, and then blotting it.  I let it sit because these lipsticks tend to stain, so I wanted to give it time to really set the color.



No comments:

Post a Comment