Friday, July 5, 2013

Review! Stila Convertible Color in Peony

I've been trying out Stila's Convertible Color in Peony


This color looks like a dusty rose in the pan, but it blends out to a warm dusty orange-peach.  Stila's website says it is a brownish rose, and while I don't think that is entirely inaccurate, I do feel that it veers hard towards orange.

It is a pretty color, but I think this color is more of a fall and winter shade for me, as I prefer brighter pinks in the summer. 

It is a matte cream, with no shimmer at all.  The cream is very smooth and melts onto the skin easily.  The think I really like about cream blushes, versus gel or powder blush, is that is is much like a foundation/concealer.  It takes the place of foundation on my cheeks because it will cover most minor imperfections.

Here it is in the pan, in indoor lighting.  This is fairly true to how it appears in real life.

Natural light...  A word about today's swatches; I applied as much as I would on my face to create the swatch.  I could have really piled it on so it would show up better in the photos, but because that isn't now much you would apply, I didn't think it would be helpful.  So, if you are having trouble seeing the swatch, it is directly in the center of this photo:

Indoor lighting.

Because it is supposed to be a convertible color, I took it for a test drive (haha, a pun!) on my lips.  Here we are with one thin coat:

And two thin coats:
This has been one of my favorite nudes for the lip.  It doesn't wear for very long - perhaps an hour or two - but it fades evenly and blends well with lip balm.  It does take a bit of finesse to get the layer applied evenly, but it has the perfect blend of peach, rose, and brown to go perfectly nude on me.

Here it is on the lip and cheek:

Here it is on the cheek:
So, would I recommend it?  While I am put off by the price tag, a little bit goes a long way.  I bought mine as part of a larger blush assortment, so mine is a much smaller trial size.  This little trial pan that I have is going to last a very long time, so it does give good value for the money.  So, because it has good staying power on the cheek, can pull double-duty as a lip color, and is so pigmented, I say give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment