Monday, July 29, 2013

Review! Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara almost lives up to its name.
It has a spoolie wand, which I love.  I like spoolie wands the best because it is easier to coat each lash, clumps less, and can be used vertically or horizontally.
The mascara did stay in place all day, as promised.  It also is very waterproof, as promised. 

I had to remove it with almond oil; regular facial wash had no effect on it.  You will probably need an oil or an oil-based cleanser to remove it without pulling any lashes out.  Out of the shower, it had not budged at all, and I had made quite the effort to help it wash out, wetting my lashes down throughout the shower to try to soften the mascara.  I think I heard it giggle.

The only place where this mascara failed is in volumizing.  It did not add a lot of thickness to my lashes.  My results look a bit dramatic in part because, while my lashes are long, they are also blond at the tips.  Had Stila not advertised it as a volumizing mascara, it would have seemed to add volume, and there wouldn't have been anything negative about this review.  But, when volume is advertised, I expect a very pronounced effect.

It did apply very evenly, and is a very smooth formula that resists clumps. It did tend to make my lashes stick together as I applied it, so it was a bit finicky to apply.  It also dries quickly when it touches skin, so be sure to clean up any mistakes as you go along, or be prepared to cover mistakes with a dark shadow or liner.

Before and After:










Personally, I would not re-purchase this mascara because I don't like waterproof mascaras.  If you have a day at the pool or beach planned, though, this mascara will stay in place all day (just like they said) and won't give you raccoon eyes.  Just, don't expect to get super-volumized, movie-star eyelashes out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment