Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review! Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Naked


First of all...

IT SMELLS LIKE THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES.  That's right, this stuff smells like chocolate mint cookies.  Every time I open the tube to put it on, I'm like OMG I forgot it smells like this!

Staying power is OK for the price point, I only got an hour of glossy, and then maybe another hour of lip tint.  If you are eating or drinking, wear time is cut drastically.  It is comparable to other glosses in this price range.  The formula is somewhat thin, and if you put too much on it starts to pool.  I think part of that has to do with the color... it is a nude rose shade, so I can't really see much of a color change when I put it on, so it is a bit hard for me to gauge how much I have applied.

It is not sticky to itself, and is comfortably slick on the lip.  There is a minty feel to it, but it stays away from that sickly sweet fake mint feeling that plagues cheaper glosses.  It tastes delicious, like butter mints.



The color is a pretty, sheer rose.  The tube I have came as an extra with a larger purchase.  I love this little bitty tiny size, and I wish I could buy more colors in this size.

One thing I really like about this gloss is the applicator.  I totally HATE doe-foot applicators for lip products because it is unhygienic, and the wands get messy.  This comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted applicator tip.  I like that a lot!

Overall, I say this is a nice little lipgloss, and the scent is to die for, but I already have so many lip products that I am unlikely to replace this with a full size tube when I run out.  However, if I ever saw more colors in this little mini size, I'm pretty sure I'd buy them without thinking twice. 

If you like it, you can buy it directly from Urban Decay's website, or you can try it out first at your local Sephora or Ulta.


No comments:

Post a Comment