Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Review! Sephora Nano Lipliner in 17 Funky Fuchsia

Sephora makes a shorter lipliner, Nano by Sephora.  I bought three of them, and today I reviewed 17 Funky Fuchsia.

The one thing I don't like about this lipliner is the lid.  That sucker does NOT stay on the pencil tightly.  If you put it in your bag, you will need to contain it somehow.  I have a metal lipstick case that I plan to put mine in.  That lid will come off if left loose, so you've been warned.

Otherwise, these are sweet little gems at only $5 each!

I do not use lipliner to contain my lipstick.  I use lipliner either as its own color, or as a layer to wear under lipstick.  To keep my lipstick from feathering and bleeding, I line the outside of my lip with a concealer pencil.  If I have a color that really bleeds, I follow the concealer pencil with a white eyeliner pencil (it's dryer than the concealer), and then blend that with a concealer brush.  It sounds weird, but it works, and when you have it blended well, you cannot see it.  Therefore, I cannot comment on how well this contains lipstick to the lip, because I just never wear it for that purpose.
Funky Fuchsia is a matte, natural purple-pink (you know, fuchsia).  It applies very smoothly, almost like lipstick in a pencil form.  It is not dry at all, and doesn't skip or drag.  Coverage is nearly opaque with one coat, and it wears for 2-3 hours before needing a touch-up.  The color fades uniformly and does not stain.

Bare lips:
Half lips:
Full lips:
Full face:
I love these lipliners.  If I wasn't obligated to try other lipliners to review for you, I would stop right here, and just buy all the colors of Nanos to suit my needs. 

2 comments:

  1. That Fuchsia doesn't look funky at all - looks nice and subtle. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty! It is a bit more vibrant in real life, but still very wearable. Let me know what you think!

      Delete