Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Makeover! Jamie

I had so much fun with the last makeover, that I wanted to do more!  Luckily, my neighbor agreed to be my next model!  Jamie wanted to find a way to cover occasional blemishes and try a way to wear eyeshadow for both day and nighttime looks.  Because she is so busy, I wanted to show her how to convert her daytime eyeshadow to a nighttime look without having to start all over.  To do that?  A smokey eye, done with brown for the day, and then darkened with bronze for night.

Here she is before we started.  She is absolutely stunning, which makes my job very easy!

And here she is, after!  This is the darker, evening look.  I applied the darker colors right over the top of the lighter shades I used for her daytime look. 

Side-by-Side:

My camera's flash thingie flipped open and bonked me right in the face.  Hardy-har-har.

What we used:
Face:
Moisturizer: Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Rejuvinating Oil-Free Moisturizer
Face: Garnier BB Cream in Light/Medium, Buxom Divine Goddess Luminizer, NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Punjab
Spot Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in shade 2
Contouring Powder: NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna
Blush: tarte Cheek Stain in Blissful
Highlight on nose and lower center forehead: Boots No.7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion (possibly discontinued)

Brows:
Powder (to fill): Umber eyeshadow by Smash Cosmetics

Lips:
All-over: Sephora Nano Lipliner in 16 Pure Pinky
All-over: Wet n Wild Megalast Matte in 904B

Eyes:
Lids: E.L.F. Essentials Eyelid Primer in Sheer
Lids, daytime: Stila palette In The Know (air on browbone, rain on lid, earth at outer v)
Lids, nightime: Urban Decay palette Naked (darkhorse on outer v and slightly on lower lid outer corner, sidecar on mid-lid in a circle, sin at inner sides of nose)
Waterline and linerMosha Katani Eye Pigment in Persian Queen
Lashes: Wet N Wild Mascara, Mega Volume, in Very Black

Brushes:
RealTechniques Stipple brush
Sonia Kashuk Smokey Eye Brush Set
Angled brush for eyebrow

As a note, I usually do not try to cover blemishes.  It seems like most attempts to cover them end up with product caking up over the uneven surface, and I end up with a spot that looks worse afterwards than it did before I started.  However, it was important to Jamie to figure out how to conceal them, so my preference doesn't matter.  I used Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in shade 2.  This concealer is meant for under-eye, and it is very creamy and moisturizing.  It works wonderfully to conceal a spot.  It doesn't dry to a cake finish, so you don't get the discoloration of a ridge of concealer.  It probably won't last all day unless you set it with powder.  I avoid setting powders, because I prefer a dewy finish, so it may require touch-ups during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment